|The Collegiate Way: Residential Colleges & the Renewal of University Life ‹collegiateway.org›|
Higher Education News from the Collegiate Way
Residential Colleges & the Renewal of Campus Life
These news items about residential colleges, house systems, and the renewal of university life are posted for readers of the Collegiate Way website. For more about residential colleges and collegiate universities please visit the main Collegiate Way page.
Collegiate Way News · Subset: RJO’s Campus Visits
¶ This topical subset contains reports on Bob O’Hara’s touring, speaking, and consulting visits to campuses that have house systems or residential college systems, or that are considering the collegiate model. (Return to the complete news index.)
- Contemplating Collegiate Plans for Pakistan
(22 June 2009)
A strategy session with Ahmad Durrani of the Lahore University of Management Sciences.
- Visiting Vassar’s House System
(2 April 2009)
A leading liberal arts college considers how to strengthen its existing residential programs.
- Bowles Hall and the Collegiate Way of Living
(10 May 2008)
‘One of the problems of such an institution as the University of California is so to subdivide its student body that the advantages of the small group may be retained without sacrificing the even greater advantages of membership in a large university.’
- Visiting Virginia’s Brown College on Monroe Hill
(11 April 2008)
The ‘academical village’ is alive and well at Mr. Jefferson’s university.
- The Collegiate Way Comes to Birmingham
(20 January 2008)
The University of Alabama at Birmingham could be a model for other public campuses.
- Colleges and Construction at UC San Diego
(17 October 2007)
Eleanor Roosevelt College hosts the Gilbane Higher Education Facilities Forum.
- Talking About Residential Colleges at SMU
(25 September 2007)
Southern Methodist University takes a look down the collegiate way.
- The Burden of Bad Campus Architecture
(1 June 2007)
Residential colleges don’t require new buildings, but bad old ones can get in the way.
- Talking About Residential Colleges in the Aloha State
(17 July 2006)
Notes from the annual meeting of the Society for College and University Planning.
- Boston Society of Architects / SCUP Roundtable, 2006
(23 May 2006)
Collegiate Way readers in the Boston area are cordially invited to attend.
- A Residential College for the University of Vermont
(25 February 2006)
The honors program at Burlington establishes a pattern for others to follow.
- Visiting the Simmons Hall Residential College at MIT
(25 January 2006)
It may look bizarre, but there’s no doubt that it’s a residential college.
- Teaching and Learning at the University of Limerick
(30 March 2005)
Best practices for student learning from one of Ireland’s newer universities.
- Eckerd College Studies the Collegiate Way
(10 February 2005)
Talking about residential college ideals on the Florida coast.
- The Collegiate System at the University of Durham
(20 December 2004)
Durham’s colleges are an international model worthy of emulation.
- Residential Colleges for Oxford (Mississippi)
(10 April 2004)
The University of Mississippi considers the creation of a residential college system.
- Talking About Collegiate Life at Wheaton College
(17 February 2004)
Wheaton College in Massachusetts studies the collegiate way.
- Visiting St. Paul’s College, University of Waterloo
(2 November 2003)
The collegiate way of living thrives in four Ontario residential colleges.
- Residential College Deans Meet at Middlebury College
(9 June 2002)
A Vermont campus hosts a gathering of collegiate advisors.
- Collegiate Conversations at Santa Clara University
(24 May 2001)
A Silicon Valley campus examines the collegiate way.
© Robert J. O’Hara 2000–2016